October 8, 2007

Kudos!!!!

I have to give a few props to some of da homies.

After months of rebuilding his engine, Brian's car successfully started up on Saturday. He's been slaving away in our garage since spring and this is the SECOND time he completely rebuilt the engine in his 1973 Porsche Carrera. Way to go, babe!! Your skill with all things mechanical once again completely amazes me!!!

Congrats also to my girl, CT, who finished her first Chicago Marathon. Unless you live under a rock, I'm sure you've heard of the mass chaos that ensued during yesterday's race. We were down there cheering her on and it was pretty much complete insanity. I'm happy she finished and even happier she's healthy and walked away basically unscathed (aside from being pretty sore, of course). I have to tip my hat to all of the marathoners who persevered through what will now arguably be the hardest Chicago marathon ever. Way to go!

Looks like it was a heart condition, not the heat, that killed the 35 yr old man from Michigan.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory