October 1, 2007

I've got a case of the Monday's

Brian and I had a great weekend. Friday night we tried cuisine that was new to both of us....Moroccan! It was actually quite tasty! Then we spent the remainder of the evening shopping for gear for our upcoming camping trip to Devil's Lake in Wisconsin.

Saturday, a friend of mine came into town from Milwaukee and we went to dinner with a big group, followed by drinks in Bucktown. I was nursing a slight hangover all day Sunday, due to not eating enough tapas at Bravo. If you haven't been to Bravo, then I suggest you go....now! It's the best tapas in the city!

When all I really wanted to do on Sunday was lay on the couch and nurse my hangover, I toughed it out and we jumped in the car, dropped the top, and headed to Schaumburg for a bridal show. What a wasted half hour that was! We thought we'd find some neat ideas for the wedding but what we really found was a bunch of vendors forcing their products down your throat. Even when we told the florists that we are having a destination wedding in Mexico that still didn't deter them from telling us where their shop was and how well they could accommodate us.

The downside of my entire weekend was having my cell phone up and die on me Saturday afternoon! One minute I'm confirming our dinner reservations for 8 people, then the next minute my phone won't even turn on. Just like that! I lost all of my numbers, text messages and worst of all....pictures. The ONLY pictures I had of me in my wedding dress were on that phone. Boo!! Of course I'll be able to take pictures in it once again, but it was nice to have.

Now it's back to the grindstone......

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory