September 6, 2007

Hide and Seek

I don't know if I'm extraordinarily brilliant or royally moronic for doing this but I've taught our dog how to play Hide and Seek. Seriously.


He follows me around the house no matter where I go, so if I want to play H-n-S, I tell him "Stay". Then I run upstairs and hide in one of the bedrooms, closets, showers, bathtubs or laundry room. I yell out "Doodle" (that's his nickname) and he comes a runnin' and sniffin' to find me. Once he finds me, we celebrate with lots of "Yay!!!!! You found Mommy!!!" and he jumps around with his tongue hanging out, proud as can be. Then I walk over to the steps and say "Go Downstairs" and he runs to the bottom of the stairs and sits and waits. I hide again, call him and he comes to find me once more.

We did this about 6 times last night and the funny part is that he won't check the places where he's already found me unless I'm in a REALLY good spot and he can't find me. But last night we played after I got home from the gym, so seeing as he's a hunting dog, he could probably smell me pretty easily (I know, eww).

So you be the judge. Brilliant or moronic?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny!!!! Gotta keep his mind and sniffer working seeing as he is a hunting dog.

Bethie said...

So cute!

Jen @ SecondCitySoiree said...

Brilliant! I'd love to play hide and seek with G&G!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory