September 5, 2007

Ouch

Well I'm back to work today after spending the past 3 days on my couch. I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me I had a viral infection so there aren't any drugs that can make me better. Even though my throat is still killing me, I came into work today. I probably would have stayed home if our cleaning people weren't going to be there all day.... the thought of trying to nap with a vacuum running isn't very inviting.

So speaking of "Ouches"....... it seems that there are 2 people very close to us that are either pregnant or trying to get pregnant. One person is on Brian's side and he stood up in her wedding last year and one is on my side and I stood up in her wedding a few months ago. So what's the big deal?

Well first, let me say that I'm thrilled that my friend is pregnant and I'm so happy for them. After all, her husband is already almost 40 and I understand their timing. Doesn't make sense to wait. I'm a little less thrilled that her due date is 3 weeks before our wedding and she was supposed to be a bridesmaid, but I'm sure they'll be with us in spirit.

What I don't understand even more is the person on Brian's side. Our wedding is just over 8 months away, so it would seem that if someone is trying to get pregnant now, then they clearly have no intention of trying to make it our wedding in Mexico.

I guess it's kinda selfish to feel a little hurt, but we both are. We feel like our wedding is basically insignificant to some and considering that "some" are immediate family, it hurts even more. It's almost like, "Hey, thanks for standing up in our wedding, now we are going to get pregnant and we probably won't be at yours. No big deal, right?"

Wrong. It is a big deal. For us, at least.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory