May 1, 2008

Yay for Minerals

Allow me to speak to the girls for a minute:

I recently switched to Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. I admit....all the hype and advertising peaked my curiosity and I gave in. I bought the foundation, blush, mineral veil (it goes over the foundation) and recently, I bought some eye shadows.

I was skeptical at first as I didn't really think that a powder could give the same coverage as a liquid, but I was quickly proven wrong. When the guy at the store was going through the many reasons why minerals are better than the rest, he mentioned that these minerals actually help improve your skin. I thought, "Yeah, right, keep selling me".

After 3 months using this makeup, the jury is in. My skin DEFINITELY looks better. It's not only clearer, but overall, it's the same tone and not as blotchy as it used to be. I normally suffer from breakouts once a month (every 28 days or so if that tells you when it happens), and recently, I didn't have any breakouts during that time of the month. Now I'm left wondering if my breakouts are from skincare of from hormones.

Secondly, this makeup is SO much easier to apply and saves a lot of time. This is a HUGE bonus when getting ready in the morning. I also notice that the eye shadow stays on longer than your average drug store brand, but it's in line with the quality of Mac.

Thirdly, this makeup is so much lighter. I don't feel the makeup and it feels much more natural. I'm pretty sure this is the main attribute to why my complexion is better. It's breathing again! When I used liquid, it would sort of "fill" those fine lines around my mouth and you could see it. Eww...I don't want to point out the fact that I'm aging!

Finally, I don't have to worry about if my makeup matches my skin tone. Knowing that I'd be tan in Mexico, I bought a few different colors and they are all easy to blend, if need be.

The only downfall is that it's messier than liquid. I have to wipe down my bathroom counter every few days due to the various powers of foundation, blush and shadow.

After 3 months using BE, I just tossed my old Almay liquid foundation.

4 comments:

Chanthana said...

Hmmm.... maybe I'll give it another try ;)

Anonymous said...

Ha! The powder goes EVERYWHERE (including my makeup bag in my purse). I've been using BE for about a year now -- it made a HUGE difference in my face! It took me a long time to get used to that "not wearing makeup" makeup look, but now that I've adjusted, I can't see myself spending money on anything else.

My first mistake though was purchasing it during the TV infomercial and getting a drab foundation color. Once I found a store location, they assisted me in selecting a better shade.

I got two of my sisters using it now too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Tip to help with the mess...take only 1/2 of the tape that covers the sifter holes. It makes a huge difference. Also, you can find this stuff all over Ebay and it is way cheaper so once you know your color you are good to go.

They eyeshadow/liners last forever!! There is no way you will ever run out.

Jen @ SecondCitySoiree said...

I LOVE Bare Escentuals! But yeah, it can be messy...I normally have the bathroom fan on as I'm doing my makeup (to get rid of shower steam), and the fan vent is now covered in powder. Gross. Unfortunately, it's also 16' up from the ceiling, so inconvenience wins over grossness.

Oh, if you didn't know, you can also apply BE wet with a foundation brush for more coverage.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory