May 2, 2008

Here's the Cyst-uation

I had my 6 month ultrasound today with my reproductive endocrynologist to see if my ovarian cysts came back. I've had to go every 6 months since my surgery to remove them in December 2006.

I'm very happy to report they have not returned and my ovaries look good. Yay for me!

My doc, who always always pushes Brian and I to have kids NOW, even said that I don't have to come back for a whole year. A whole year! He wanted us to get pregnant before we were even married and had us a bit worried about the fact that we might not get pregnant in the future if we wait too long. I'm 33 and I really want to enjoy life with just the two of us for a year or two.

I sorta feel like I just bought a year with Brian. :)

And since it's Friday, here is a funny little tidbit: I was telling my coworker about going for the ultrasound and he asks, "So is your stomach going to be covered with that cold wet stuff they use?" I said, "Well, no. They do my ultrasounds internally". Long pause (he's obviously drawing a picture in his head). "What? How?" I said, "Well, they use this plastic probe and put a condom on it and they lube it up". He says, "No way! They use condoms? Seriously?" I said, "Seriously! There is a bowl of Trojan Non-Lubricated sitting right there on the table." He replies, "Shut up!!"

So I took a picture with my cell phone to prove it:

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory