April 3, 2008

Scorpion Dreams

So the crazy dreams continue.

This time it wasn't about my wedding dress being stolen by my photographer. This time it was more personal.

In my dream, I was at my Mother in Law's house sleeping on her couch. The scene was actually the living room in the house I grew up in. My Aunt Marcia (well, technically, Brian's Aunt Marcia) was sleeping on the couch across from me.

From the other couch she whispers my name in a frantic voice trying to wake me up. "Deanna! Deanna!!!!" I open my eyes from a deep slumber and look over to her and she continues her loud nervous whispers. "Look at the floor! LOOK AT THE FLOOR!"

I look down to find scorpions, yes Scorpions, all over the place. And these weren't your average 2 inch scorpions that I used to see in Arizona. These suckers were like 8 inches long! So in my dream, I turn on the light that is next to the couch and all of the scorpions scattered all over the place...under the couch, into the walls, out of the room.

What in the WORLD could that dream mean??

I looked up "Dreams about Scorpions" and this is what I found:

To see a scorpion in your dream, represents a situation in your waking life which may have been painful or hurtful. It is also indicative of destructive feelings, "stinging" remarks, bitter words and/or negative thoughts being expressed by or aimed against you. Your dream forewarns of a self-destructive and self-defeating path. The scorpion is also a symbol of death and rebirth. You need to get rid of the old and make room for something new. Alternatively, the scorpion may also represent a person who is born under the astrological sign for Scorpio.

I guess if I really wanted to do a deep dive into my inner-psyche, then it would point to the fact that I am walking down the aisle in 9 days and there are probably all kinds of feelings emerging from my subconscious. When a bride walks down the aisle, she is usually accompanied by her father. But not this bride. This bride will be accompanied by her Mother because her father hasn't been in her life for many years due to all of the pain he has caused (and when I started talking in 3rd person, I don't know).

And guess what? My good ole Dad? He's a Scorpio.

I think the fact that I was in my MIL's house and was warned by Aunt Marcia was symbolic of feeling protected by my new family from the scorpions. So while the dream might have been crazy, I think it shows me I am ready for the death of the relationship with my Dad and the rebirth of my new extended family.

Does anyone agree? Or am I just losing my mind the week before my wedding?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an explanation. Sounds good to me. I'm more than happy and willing to be one of your "protectors".....I know first hand what it's like to be hurt by a parent when all you did was try and love them. Just remember you are marrying into a loving, although sometimes crazy family, and we love you. Love always, Aunt Marcia

Deanna said...

And I love you, too!!!

:)

Jen @ SecondCitySoiree said...

That certainly sounds like a reasonable explanation. Dreams are, of course, very personal. If that's the explanation that makes sense to YOU, it's probably right on, since it was YOUR dream! :D

Anonymous said...

That is really freaky! Your interpretation makes sense, though.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory