March 24, 2008

One week until Mexico!

I know I haven't really blogged lately about the going-ons of day to day life. What can I say? I leave for Mexico in a week and I'll be married in 12 days!! I can't even believe how fast it's crept up!! My family and B's family seem to be very excited for the trip and the event.

It's been nearly 5 weeks since I've been on my "wedding program" (I use that term because I hate to say diet). I abandoned Jenny Craig and got back to real foods ~ very boring foods ~ but real, nonetheless. I must say that my body is responding very nicely. I'm under 20% body fat now and I'm at 125 lbs. I haven't been 125 lbs since I was in my early 20's. I always used the excuse, "I'm all muscle" but I've had the sad realization that that's all it was ~ an excuse.

So we still have the daunting task of figuring out how we are going to get 27 gift bags, each filled with goodies and a 60x30" cabana towel, to Mexico. The box the towels came in was about 3 feet high and a foot and a half wide. I don't even have a suitcase that big and that's JUST the towels. Ugggh. I think we're going to box them up in a cardboard box and put the bags and goodies in a carry on and give that to a very helpful family member to bring with them. We were going to FedEx everything but our wedding planner advised against it. She said she's seen one too many times gift bags showing up 3 weeks after the wedding. Mexico Customs is the hang up...there is no rhyme or reason to their process.

I've started having nightmares about possible wedding scenario's that could go awry. Last night I dreamed that it rained, the night before I dreamed that my wedding dress was stolen from my hotel room ~ by our photographer, no less. I guess it's just par for the course and hopefully completely normal. I should probably be taking a Tylenol PM every night but since I'm doing cardio every morning at 5am, I fear that I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.

Oh speaking of this morning.....

I was pulling in to our development from the gym at 6am when I spotted my neighbor walking his two Siberian huskies. One of them went #2 in my neighbors yard and the guy just waved at me and smiled and kept on walking when his dog was finished with his business. This infuriated me to no end! Because either 1. he forgot doggie bags ~ but seeing as he has 2 dogs, I think that's unlikely or 2. he thought walking his dogs under the guise of the morning darkness means that no one would see his dogs go #2...so why pick it up?

Either scenario is just plain messed up! If you are a dog owner, you should PICK UP AFTER YOUR DOG! Period.

God Bless my friend, Ayca, btw. She's staying at our house the entire time we're in Mexico and she'll be taking care of Cooper. I really hate leaving him for more than a few nights at the dog kennel so this was a fabulous option. She can keep him company and make sure he gets plenty of exercise. Thanks, girl!!! You rock!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory