February 1, 2008

TGIF

My week has flown by. I mean just ridiculously flown by. Sometimes I just want to grab onto the hands of time and stop them from moving to the right. Can't someone take that battery out for a day or two?

Anyhoo......

We awoke to at least a foot of snow today. What a train wreck it was getting to work...even by train. No, not literally, but it was just a mess to schlep through the unplowed streets and sidewalks. Our SUV was parked outside (and the inside was still all torn apart from the latest repair that Brian had to do....but unfortunately, the leak he was trying to fix is still leaking) and Brian had to dig it out from the foot of snow we got.

I got hit by falling ice on my walk to the office from the train. I had a hat on and a hood and it slid right down my back....Thank GOD!

Onto other topics, we've decided to take both Brian's SUV and my car and trade them in this weekend for a different SUV. I drive my car like 4 times a month* and when it snows, then I take the SUV, so it just makes sense. Did I mention we have 4 cars? Yes, FOUR cars. Granted, one doesn't see the streets but for the 4 or 5 times during the year that B races it, but still, 4 cars? So yes, we're ready to get that number down to 3.

As for the weekend, we have so much we need to do! I need to buy my shoes for the wedding so that I can start my fittings. I need to pick up some of my attendants gifts at the bridal store. Brian and I need to finish the wording of our invitations and get those ordered Saturday. We need to trade the cars in. Oh so much to do and so little time!

Saturday night we'll be enjoying a meal at AI Sushi with some friends. I've been wanting to try this place since it opened and can't wait! Sunday we'll be watching the big game with some friends and I'll be trying not to negate all of my efforts this week with bad...errr.....good food.

* So I get a letter in the mail yesterday telling me I owe the state of Illinois 63 bucks and change for blowing through tolls on the toll ways. Come again? Ummm, I don't ever recall blowing through any tolls, thankuverymuch. I always take Brian's IPass when I drive on a toll way. But there it was....a picture of MY car and MY license plate glaring back at me. Upon further examination of this document, I notice that two of the tickets happened during the week around 2pm....while I was at work......and while my car was SUPPOSED to be sitting in the garage......where the Valet put it!!!! Can you friggin' believe this? What the F? So I called that state and yes, the time of the ticket is accurate and no, they could not tell who was driving in the pictures (too dark). But they said I could fight the ticket in the not-so-convenient suburb of Downer's Grove. I think I'll just pay the 63 bucks and put a hidden camera in my car!!!

(And yes, I need to pay better attention to my mileage and gas when I get my car from the garage. Crazy that I thought I could trust these guys. LESSON LEARNED!!)

2 comments:

Bethie said...

OH MY GOD!! That's CRAP!!

I would be flamin' pissed off if I were you! And I definately would have a few choice words for the Valet company!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're OK! I am absolutely terrified of being hit by ice!

You definitely need to file a complaint with your garage/valet company and they totally need to pay for the tickets. That HAS to be illegal - maybe you should check with the police?

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory