January 31, 2008

11 years ago today

I received my honorable discharge from the United States Marine Corps. Gosh....ELEVEN years! That's crazy. I was only 22 years old.

I hired a personal trainer to whip my ass into shape before the wedding. Yeah, I know, I used to be a trainer but I'll tell ya what....we aren't doing any weight machines, just calisthenics (some with light weights) and boy is it working! I'm getting more toned, losing the bulky muscle and actually losing size again! Maybe I wasn't that good as a trainer afterall? Hmmmm. Anyhoo, my trainer's husband was in the Marine Corps also and every week he and I share old war stories after my training session. Well, neither of us saw a day of the war during OUR tours, but we love to reminisce about the good old days.

In other news, I've made a BIG DECISION recently that is sure to change my life in every way, shape and form. I can't discuss it yet (I know, I'm a tease!) but watch out...big changes ahead!! Cue the train whistle...."WOO WOOO!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your news! And your honorable discharge...its closure on such a huge piece of your life that totally influenced the great person you are today. How does it feel?

Bethie said...

Tease!! I can't wait!

I'm new to the whole exercise thing...I haven't even been a regular for a full year. How does one actually slim down and take away bulk. I haven't lost any size or weight. I am in much better shape endurance wise than I was, but not smaller. What I doing wrong!?!

Deanna said...

Liz,

It feels great! It also feels like a lifetime ago...but I guess it was almost 1/3 of MY lifetime ago. haha

Bethie,

I'd have to know what you are doing in the gym to be able to help you figure that out. Other than running, are you weight training? Doing cardio classes? What intensity are your workouts and how often do you work out?

Email me offline if you want to chat...sunnyd0108@yahoo.com

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory