February 6, 2008

Dr. TATOFF

I had what I HOPE will be my last tattoo laser removal appointment today for my shoulder. Last one before the wedding, that is. I think it was my 10th treatment. Ehhh, maybe it was the 11th. Who knows. Dr. Yoo, my doc, always replies, "Anything under 20 and you should consider yourself lucky", when I ask him, "How many more?????????????"

So if that was in fact my 11th laser appointment, that means I've spent $3,300.00 so far getting this freakin' thing off my shoulder so that I can wear a lovely strapless wedding dress down the aisle in 2 months. Do you know what you can do with 3300 hundred bucks? AND it would have been $4100 had the front desk girl not hooked me up with $300 appointments when the price went up to $400.

Does anyone watch LA Ink? It's about the daily going-on's of a Los Angeles tattoo shop. I was very happy to see the last episode followed one of the ink-covered staff members to a laser removal appointment at Dr. Tatoff's office (yes, that was really the name on the door). You should have seen her jaw drop when she found out that the ink isn't removed in one shot. And that she needed to come back every six weeks. For the next few years. It was pure comedy! After she gathered her composure, she went ahead with the treatment. She didn't opt for the numbing cream (and for what it's worth, I've NEVER been offered any kind of numbing cream. I just take Tylenol beforehand, ice my back for 2 minutes and then clench my jaw the entire time and encourage my doctor to tell me one or two of his many dirty jokes he has up his sleeve as a way to distract me...). I digress.

Well I just wanted to give a nice hats off to LA Ink for showing the world that there are consequences to every action. Even the people covered in tattoos don't always love them and have to endure the same costly and painful procedure that the rest of us endure.

And it ain't pretty!!!

2 comments:

Bethie said...

Ouch!! You're one tough chickie!!

Have you tried Wrecking Balm? I've only heard about it on the radio, and wondered if it worked as well as they say. I checked the website and they have a money back guarentee.

Just throwin' it out there as an option!

http://www.wreckingbalm.com/

Deanna said...

No, I've never even heard of it!

They also came out with new ink that works WITH the laser, should you decide to get your tat removed. It's gone in ONE treatment. There hasn't been much press about it so I'm sure many people are getting tat's and not asking about the ink.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory