January 7, 2008

Sk!p Happens

I wanted to post a blog about this when it happened, but we were heading out of town and time was working against me. Do you remember my rant about my sales goal at work? Well if so, then you can appreciate this.

The long and short of it was that I was $455 bucks away from my annual sales goal, missing a trip to Cancun or a check for $5,000.

A good friend of mine read that blog and minutes after I posted it, sent me a quick message that he needed help finding a Personal Assistant and he was mailing me a retainer for 500 bucks. I won't share with you the details of what went on in my office that day simply due to fear of hearing about people getting fired for posting certain things in their blogs about work. But what I will tell you is that Skip's check arrived promptly in my office before the deadline of December 31st.

Unfortunately, one of my clients who vouched to send payment ASAP so that I could attain my goal, failed to do so, so I was still $19,000 short of the goal in the end, anyway. The money came in a few days after the New Year so it'll go towards this years goal. That's fine considering we are getting married in Mexico in April, but the 5k would have been nice for the honeymoon.

Since the goal was unattained in the end, I ripped up Skip's check and helped him find an assistant free-of-charge.

I just wanted to send a quick Thank You again to my good friend. I now know what his shirt means that reads, "Sk!p Happens". Friends always remind me of how lucky I am to have them when I least expect it.

Thanks, buddy!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory