December 3, 2007

Mmmm, pot roast!

I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I am 32 yrs old and yesterday I made my first pot roast. Yep, it is true. With all of the wonderful gifts we received during my bridal shower in Ohio, Brian and I have a new lease on our cooking life.

The pot roast was freakin' amazing and we both agreed that my first crock pot-made meal was a huge success! Yesterday we also broke out our brand new Kitchen Aid mixer and made cookies. Those, on the other hand, were not such a huge success. In an effort to try to make lower-calorie sweets, I used the Splenda substitutes for both white and brown sugar and I'm afraid the cookie taste resembled something along the lines of a very sweet saw dust. Yuk!

Saturday morning we broke out the new griddle and made eggs, hash browns and 2 kinds of bacon (the regular stuff for B, turkey bacon for me). Cooper was living the high life this weekend when we poured all the bacon grease over his food on Saturday and Sunday he got to eat the left over pot roast that we didn't use in the crock pot.

While the pot roast was cooking, we ventured out to get a Christmas Tree. We haven't had the time to decorate it yet, but we got a gorgeous Douglas Fir from Home Depot. Yeah, no trips to the forest for our tree.....we got straight to Home Depot for ours! What can we say? We're city dwellers!!

Happy December to ya!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory