December 20, 2007

Holiday Fun

I gathered up 8 of my closest girlfriends last night and headed to Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba for a fun night of tapas (yum!) and our 2nd (yes, that's right) Yankee Swap (also known as a White Elephant, Chinese Gift Exchange or Thieving Secret Santa). We had a lot of laughs as the gifts were swiped out of hands faster than they could be unwrapped.

Good times.

Tonight I'm headed to my company Holiday Party at Maggiano's, one of the best Italian joints in the city. Brian is at his company holiday party right now and unfortunately, we're both attending our company gigs stag. He's probably two sheets to the wind as I type this at 1:35pm and getting closer to the third sheet. (I've never really understood that phrase - oh wait - I just looked it up - check it out here.)

Next week is sure to be a ton of fun.......we're grabbing our snowboards, our pooch and jumping in the SUV to head up north. We're leaving on Christmas Day and plan to snowboard a few days and snowmobile another. I can't wait. Cooper loves the snow so it'll be a good time all around. Wisconsin is definitely not Whistler, but it'll give me a good chance to fine tune my 'boarding skills.

We're hoping to head back to our fine city to ring in the new year. If I don't post in the next few days, you'll know why.

Happy Holidays to all!!

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory