August 19, 2007

Ill-mannered Manor & Free of Frugal Femmes

We had a bachelorette party for one of my best friends last night. We started out at a friend's house for gifts and drinks after the rain kept us from having the party on a friends boat downtown.

Earlier in the week, one of the girls had us put on the list for bottle service at Manor, one of the hottest new clubs. Upon our arrival, they could not find our name on said list and they were really not very polite in trying to accommodate us. After a few phone calls, they found our name and then proceeded to tell us that we could be seated at our table, but the VIP service was now a 3-bottle minimum. Yes, a.three.bottle.minimum. Even though there were 9 of us , we had already started drinking 3 hours earlier, and there was no possibility of us finishing 3 bottles of Greygoose.....especially at $300 a pop. So with gratuity, we are talking about a $1035 bar bill which is just insanity. We said "Well, we'll definitely buy 2, but we aren't going to get 3". The douche bag GM basically said, "Yeah, sorry, but that's not happening".

Now it's common knowledge in the bar business that having women in your bar brings the men and the men bring the money. In our case, you have 9 sexy ass women AND we are buying our own alcohol.....slam dunk, right? Well apparently not. One would THINK that a new club would want to make a good impression on their new patrons but that's strike two. WTF? Then he has the audacity to look at us and say, "Well if you don't want bottle service feel free to enjoy some cocktails at the bar". Since we were looking eye to eye (and I'm only 5'4"), I bit my tongue and didn't say, "Why gee whiz there, Napoleon, you are too kind! You mean you'll actually let me stand here at your bar, buy drinks and even CONSUME them in your fine establishment?" Strike three, you're out.

So we jumped in a few cabs and told them to pound sand.

We moved the party to Level where they gladly offered us a VIP table for 2 bottles of Greygoose. The GM constantly checked back with us to make sure we were happy and even when I told our server that our floor smelled like dirty feet (seriously), some young lad promptly showed up with a bottle of Febreze and handled the problem.

That brings me to my 2nd part of this blog.... I think it's pretty sad when a group of 9 women, all in their early 30's, are giving each other high 5's because not one person batted an eye and gladly forked over cash when we told them our bar bill was $700.

Without sugar coating this {because why would I do that?}, WHY ARE SOME WOMEN SO FUCKING CHEAP? It's just sooo exhausting to go to dinner, have drinks, do ANYTHING with a group of women. It's almost guaranteed that at LEAST one girl will say, "Well I only had a salad" or "I didn't have any drinks" or "I am not drinking tonight so why should I pay?". WHY, people, WHY?? What is so freaking hard about just adding the tip and splitting the bill equally? That's what you do when you go out with a big group.

We are grown adults. We are not in college anymore. If saving 5 bucks or even 20 bucks is that important to you, then here's a thought: stay home and save your money! Don't make it weird for the rest of us. Seriously.

So here's my plea to all women readers: don't be a cheap ass. Don't be that girl. Just grow up and split the bill equally whether or not you had an appetizer, okay??? I mean when is the last time you were at dinner with your elders and your grandma said "Honey, you had 2 more glasses of Chardonnay than I did so please don't add that to my portion". Yeah, didn't think so.

And now for a few pictures from last night:


Here's a picture of CT and I when we aren't all sweaty after a half marathon and that's the bride on the left with 2 of her bridesmaids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! I just threw my sister's bachelorette WEEKEND with 16 girls and let me tell you, I don't know who they were, but there were a few of "those girls". Damn 'em all!! -Tracy

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory