February 27, 2008

Was it Chatty Cathy or Chatty Jack?

I've always been under the misinformed notion that girls love to chat with one another but recently, I've decided that is just not true and in fact, is a complete misnomer.

Compared to the guys in my office and the guys I know (particularly one I live with) who chat it up all day long about professional sports, their recreational sports teams, cars, finances and politics, women truly have got nothin' on them!

And you know what? It's really annoying. All day long I have to listen to phone calls or water cooler chatter about who traded who and how that trade will affect the upcoming season, or the local basketball game last night in someone's church league, or how someone's son was pinned in his first wrestling match (I've heard that story 17 times and that is not an exaggeration), or if another person should sell tumbling stock. I mean, the list goes on and on. And what's funny is that my girlfriends and I communicate via text message. "Do you want to do lunch? Can you meet me at 6:30? Did you have fun last night?"

I think the roles have definitely changed. One would think it was the male counterpart sending the one lined text messages, but ahem, it most certainly is not.

Does anyone agree with this assessment? If so, are you equally as annoyed as I am? It's all I can do to hold back a scream that would sound something like, "Hang up the phone and get back to work you lazy f*ck! You have a whole entire lunch hour to hold hands with the guy 2 cubes down and talk about basketball!!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree and am equally annoyed. I mostly notice it during races the past couple of years. There's been more than one time that I've wanted to shout as I pass a pack of chatty guys, "If you want a tea party, next time sign up for the walk!" I usually called them Chatty Charlies, but I kind of like Chatty Jack better.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory