January 21, 2008

8, 6, 5, 1....and zero, zero, zero, zero

Come again? No, that is not some secret code that you should try to decipher so let me enlighten you, shall we?

8 is the number of cousins I have.

6 is the number of married cousins I have.

5 is the number of their weddings that I've attended.

1 is the number of their weddings in which I was not invited to (it was immediate family-only on the beach in Florida).

Do the math: I've attended every single wedding I've been invited to in my family.

So....

Zero is the amount of cousins I have attending my wedding.
Zero is the amount of aunts I have attending my wedding.
Zero is the amount of uncles I have attending my wedding.
Zero is the amount of grandparents I have attending my wedding.

It's a good thing that almost all of Brian's entire family will be representing us in Mexico. That makes me happy because that's my family now. Am I bitter about my family? No, I guess not...well, I guess that's a lie.....yes, I'm a little bitter. Even if we had the wedding here in Chicago, I doubt the attendance would be much different, or so I'm told.

I'm just glad I supported all of my married cousins when they wed. I guess when you're the 3rd youngest cousin, that's what I should expect, right? They all get married when I'm in my late teens, early twenties. By the time I get married at the age of 33, they all have families and commitments so my wedding doesn't even hit the radar on their list of priorities.

Well that's what I'm telling myself.

Hey, the good news is that my Mom, Step-Dad and their friends will be there. Even if my family has "other priorities" and I don't make it onto that list, we still have 60 people coming to our wedding. That's a big number for a destination wedding. I know it's A LOT to ask people to get on a plane and schlep themselves down to Mexico and spend a lot of money. It is, I get that. Trust me, I do. But it still stings, that's for sure.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory