October 15, 2007

Roughin' it in the woods!

So we went camping in Baraboo, Wisconsin this past weekend. I can't even begin to say how beautiful Devil's Lake State Park is! We went during the perfect time of year when the leaves are turning and falling. It made for some gorgeous views and the perfect backdrop for some awesome pictures.

We got up to WI late on Friday night and set up camp. It was a bit chilly while we set up the 3 tents (No, not 3 for us. We went with 2 other couples. C'mon, I'm not THAT high maintenance). The ground was very moist and it made it tough to get a fire started right away. While Brian and I put our tent up, we all laughed at Cooper who kept standing next to our SUV at the passenger door. Yes, the door where he gets in. He didn't want to be outside! It was like he was saying, "Hey, just let me know when we get to the Hilton, k?" He was NOT having it at first and I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed.......shoot, even embarrassed! He's a hunting dog for crying out loud! He's supposed to LOVE the outdoors! I finally lifted him out of the truck, carried him to the camp fire and made him sit on my lap. When he finally settled down, he ran around with our friend's dog and seemed to start enjoying himself. By Saturday morning, it was like he was born in the woods.

Saturday morning we went on a 9 mile hike around all of Devil's Lake. It was amazing! Some of the trails were nothing but steep rocks. Some were wooded trails, some were along the lake and others were on top of the mountain area looking down on the lake. Every view was better than the last. Here are a few of the pics:

All six of us.

Brian and I above Devil's Lake.

Check out that rock! It was a few hundred feet straight down! Great for rock climbing.

Here it the view by the lake. We were ALL the way up at the top of those trees.

One of the wooded trails.

Brian said this was the best picture I've ever taken :)


Look how green!

Rock climbing, anyone?

The rocks were no feat for Cooper or Buckeye. They loved it!

My baby and me.

This is BY FAR my favorite picture of the weekend. Brian was trying to snap a picture of the lake and then Cooper popped his head up. I titled it "The world through the eyes of a Vizsla".

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory