August 21, 2007

Not to be a Debbie Downer...

Most of you know my brother died when he was just 20 yrs old in a motorcycle accident. That was 14 yrs ago last Friday. He wasn't wearing a helmet and he was reportedly speeding before he hit a car that was pulling out of a driveway.

What we never found out was why he was speeding. Was he just being a 20 yr old man excited to be driving a friend's motorcycle? Or was he being chased?

The first person on the scene was a guy by the name of Matthew Boczek. My brother's friends told us that he and my brother didn't get along and this guy was notorious for driving dangerously. Nothing could ever be proven, but it was highly speculated that Matt was chasing Dennis when the accident occurred.

My grandma found this in the local newspaper this week (and she is NOT happy about it).

This guy seems to really have some major issues behind the wheel. He was just found not guilty for trying to run 2 off-duty police officers off the road, head on. Seems as if the only reason he got off was due to the fact that no one was injured. His reaction to being found "not guilty" says it all. "Not guilty" sure as heck doesn't mean "innocent".

I'm not really sure how I feel about this new event.....all I do know is that we'll never find out the truth until I meet Dennis again. Something tells me that I should be angry that Matt has seen his 32nd birthday and my brother never made it to 21. But I'm not angry. I'm really sad for Matt. Hopefully he isn't acting out like this when he's 40.

Maybe one of these days he'll learn to put a value on human life, including his own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama hello and i am very sorry for the loss of your brother. I however saw your post and wanted to say something.. what i have to say cant change anything but i thought you would like to hear that i know matt and have heard the tragic story.. what it comes down to is that matt wasnt the cause of death of your brother to my understanding.

god bless

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory