August 27, 2007

Margarita who?

This is an excerpt from a real conversation I had today with a potential candidate for one of my Berkshire Hathaway jobs:

Deanna: My client is Larson Juhl, a subsidiary of the Berkshire Hathaway company.
Candidate: Berksha who?
Deanna: Berkshire Hathaway is a conglomerate of companies owned by Warren Buffett. Ever heard of him?
Candidate: Oh yeah, sure! The guy who sings "Margaritaville"!! (I think I actually heard the click of a light bulb)
Deanna: No, that would be Jimmy. Warren Buffett is the 3rd richest man in the world.
Candidate: Oh, well are they related?

Ummm, no, they aren't. You lose. Next.

2 comments:

Bethie said...

Was your candidate from the Miss Teen United States Pageant? Could you detect an accent from South Carolina by chance?

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Sad, but too darn funny! I just forwarded your posting to 3 friends.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory